It's Decision Time!
Welding Schools can provide you with important HANDS ON
* Many beginning welders will eventually want to take at least a
few welding courses.
* I will help you decide.
Think about what you want from welding:
1) Will you simply just want to weld at home?
2) Do you want to eventually create your own business?
3) Are you striving to work for the BEST PAYING jobs & companies?
4) Or can you only afford to try for WHATEVER jobs you can get?
Decide your short & long term goals RIGHT NOW!
* Even if you're just wanting to "do it yourself" at home, you may still want to take a quarter or two of basic welding classes.
* BUT running beads & practicing various techniques within this website will help you move along faster & gain more from a course!
Sources for Welding Training:
Welding Training Sources:
1) Books: Paperback, hard-copy books can help you learn a lot in the beginning. Check out some library copies.
2) E-books: Essentially what you're reading now. Some will help you more than others. Some don't cover areas that YOU want to learn about. Check out more than one.
3) Welding Videos: Many sites, including YouTube have
several free videos that you can watch. Check those out too.
4) Home Training: I have learned as much from all the
welding I've done at home, as I have at work or school! Doing it
yourself is a VALUABLE
5) Welding Schools: Going in-person to a school always has strong advantages over all the other sources. Direct over-the-shoulder help is NEEDED to become "Journey-level"!
6) "On the Job Training": If you can get your foot in the
door as a "welder's helper" & get "OJT", you CAN eventually become a Journeyman Welder (If they have a program to do that).
Make your choices SOON & start somewhere!
This first link is via Everlast Power Equipment: Producer of high quality multiple types of welding & cutting machines:
See this "AWS" site for UNDERWATER WELDING SCHOOLS:
CLICK HERE for a great link to schools
in the USA & Canada!
Most of us will likely choose a school LOCALLY for affordability & convenience:
Here's some search-sites to help you find Schools that aren't too far away: (check these plus OTHERS because different sites have different results!)
For "College Surfing.com" click below:(a quick & easy site)
Go to College Surfing.com
For "Welding Schools.com" click below: (another quick & easy site)
Go to Welding Schools.com"
For "Welding.com" click below: (Still another quick & simple site)
Go to Welding.com
"Travel To" Schools:
Here are some major schools that may require traveling
for most people:
Lincoln Electric of Cleveland, Ohio:
Go To Lincoln Electric School Website
Hobart of Troy, Ohio:
Go To Hobart website
Advanced Welding Institute: (So.Burlington, Vt.)(Pricing,
grade structure, full time, PLUS part time courses)
Go To Advanced Welding Institute.com
Trade Schools.net: (Includes UNDERWATER WELDING!)(In Florida, South Carolina, & New Jersey)
Go To Trade Schools.net
Tulsa Welding School: (Jacksonville, Fla., and Tulsa, OK.)
Go To Tulsa's School website
Good Luck Guys & Gals!
Return to top of page