Welding Project Problems:
And Their Solutions
** Solution DETAILS are in my ebook, "The Arc And Beyond"!**
(see the link at the bottom of this page)
Welding Project Problems can develop during EVERY arc welding project!
* Material issues.
* Problems with the welds themselves.
* Problems with your equipment.
* And un-for-seen issues.
Let's start with Material Problems:
* Dealing with large gaps?
* Repeated breaks or cracks?
* Warp-age issues?
Project Problems with the actual welds:
2) "Cold weld".
3) Un-even beads.
4) Your weld cracks/breaks.
5) You're getting shocks/tingles.
6) Massive beads.
Project Problems with your equipment:
1) First your cutting torch.
* When your tanks are OFF?
* If the flame separates from the tip.
* Bad splatter & popping.
* A sucking, squealing noise.
* Make sure that all fittings are tight!
2) Project Problems with your flux cored welder:
* Don't let go of the wire end!
* If you feel the wire pushing against the bottom of the puddle.
* Try not to keep the nozzle end too close to the puddle.
* When you first start the weld.
* Uneven feeding?
* Can't see an actual puddle?
3) Project Problems with Your stick welder:
* Overheating too much?
* The electrode was running OK then started to stick a lot?
* Can't see the puddle?
4) Welding Project Problems with Electrodes:
* The rod flux comes off in chunks?
* Can't get the arc started?
Un-for-seen Problems: As a beginning welder at Weyerheauser Timber Company I came across many problems that were "un-for-seen." I learned to ASK the experienced welders for help.
*Then as I became more experienced, I learned to FIGURE IT OUT for myself!
*So, learn from my advice at first, then LEARN to "figure it out for yourself!"
*The best experience I've had is taking upon myself the WHOLE job from start to finish!
YOU will be at that point sooner than you think!
For MORE DETAILS about solutions to your welding problems?
Get them from my ebook, "The Arc And Beyond"!:
Click HERE to see more info about my ebook
Welding Project Problems top of page
Go to ""Finishing Welding Projects" Page
Return to Arc Welding Order main page